Product Name: Carbopol 940
Other name: Carbomer 940
Cas No: 9003-01-4
Molecular Formula: C3H4O2
Appearance: Fluffy, White Powder
Other types of Carbopol: 934,940,941,980,u20,u21,2020
Carbopol, also called CarbCarbopol, also called Carbomer or Carboxypoly-methylene is a generic name for synthetic high molecular weight polymers of acrylic acid used as thickening, dispersing, suspending and emulsifying agents in pharmaceuticals and cosmetics. They may be homopolymers of acrylic acid, crosslinked with an allyl ether pentaerythritol, allyl ether of sucrose or allyl ether of propylene. Carbomers are found in the market as white and fluffy powders. They have the ability to absorb, retain water and swell to many times their original volume.
|Appearance||Fluffy white powder||Pass|
|0.2% Aqueous solution
|0.5% Aqueous solution
|Residual Ethyl Acetate
|Residual Acrylic Acid(%)||≤0.50||0.31|
|0.2%Aqueous solution light
| 0.5%Aqueous solution light
|Packing density (g/100mL)||19.5-23.5||Pass|
|Loss on drying (%)||≤2.0||Pass|
Key Specifications/ Special Features:
1. Carbomer(Carbopol) 940 has high effects of thickening, suspending and stabilizing.
2. Short rheological property.
3. High viscosity and clarity.
4. Low ion and shear resistance.
1. Skin care lotions and creams.
2. Ethanol-containing transparent gel type of products
3. Transparent skin care gels, hair styling gels.
4. Shampoos, shower gels.
There are no reviews yet.